1. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Provide. We receive and store information you enter. For example, when you supply information such as your address, phone number or email address. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your membership, improving our website, and communicating with you. In addition, if you choose, we may share your information in our member directory or technology services directory. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection in Section 4 of this policy.
- Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This may include updated delivery and address information from reputable sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next communication more easily.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
- Customized Member Experience. We use your information to better serve you by providing a customized experience. As noted above, you may “opt-out” of this benefit.
- Agents. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Special Announcements. We may send you special announcements from time to time, unless you choose to “opt-out” of receiving. In addition, we may also send you special event announcement from other organizations. Again, you may “opt- out”. If we send you announcements from other organizations, we do not share your personal information with them. The communications come directly through us. Please see the “opt-in/opt-out” selection at the end of this policy.
- Law Enforcement. If we receive a lawful court order to release account or other personal information then we will comply with the law.
3. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We use encryption to protect your information contained in our membership list.
- We use a firewall to protect against unlawful intrusion.
- We limit access to your information on a “need to know” basis.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- No system can guarantee absolute security, just as the finest lock can not guarantee physical security. However, we take every reasonable precaution to assure that your data is secure.
4. Your Choice: Opt-in or Opt-out.
It is your choice whether to receive emails or special announcements from us or others. The following section provides you with this choice. Please note the default settings.
- Yes, I wish to receive email messages with general information as well as announcements, reminders and updates related to upcoming events from Technology Association of Georgia.
- No, I do not wish to receive email messages with general information as well as announcements, reminders and updates related to upcoming events from Technology Association of Georgia.
You will find these options in your password protected member profile. To change your selection, either log in to your member profile and select the appropriate box or notify the TAG office.
5. Other Websites
6. Contact Us